GALLERY JEANNE - prints and paperworks – Munich - Germanyoriginal fine art prints & paperworks of the 20th century and contemporary art
HORST ANTES (* 1936)
HORST ANTES (* 1936)Artist info
Horst Antes is a German graphic artist, sculptor and painter.
The Artist Horst Antes was one of the earliest representative of the New Figuration as a trend in the art history.
From 1957 to 1959 Antes studied under the important woodcutter HAP Grieshaber at the Karlsruhe academie.
In 1959 Antes was honoured with his first prizes:
– the art prize of Hannover (Germany)
– the Pankofer prize (for German Youth Art)
Horst Antes early works will be find between figurative painting and „L’Art Informel“
In the early 60th Horst Antes became famous with his image idea of the „Head-Footer“. Untill 1963 the Head-Footer by Antes was international and you’ll find it in numerous varations and techniques.
In 1962 Horst Antes won the scholarship Villa Massimo in Rome.
Since 1966 Antes get his first teaching at the Art-Academie in Karlsruhe – there he was as a professor from 1967 to 1973 and again from 1984 to 2000.
Horst Antes has been working and also living in the City of Karlsruhe, in Florence and in Berlin.
Horst Antes artworks in museums and collections worldwide:
– important German collections,
– Kunstall in Hamburg,
– Museum Ludwig / Ludwig Forum für Interantionale Kunst, Cologne
– Nationalgalerie in Berlin,
– Museum of Modern Art, New York
– National Gallery of Art, Indiana
– Harvard University Art Museum, Massachusetts
– Israel Museum,
– Dallas Museum of Art, Texas
– Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
– Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
– Kunstmuseum, Basel
– Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Art, Budapest
– University of Iowa Museum of Art, Iowa City
– Von der Heydt-Museum, Wuppertal, Germany
For further information or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please use our contact form below, call us +49 (0)179 5233905
Adress: GALERIE JEANNE – Graphik & Dessins, Prannerstrasse 5 (Rückseite Hotel Bayerischer Hof), 80333 Munich – GERMANY
(1886 Zeichen, H. W.)